Large Boilers such as those used in conjunction with
steam turbines for electric power generation, are fired by fuels
such as coal, oil or gas. Auxiliary support burners and/or ignitors
are typically associated with each of the main burners. Flame scanners
are required to monitor the boiler fires in order to detect the
presence or absence of flame in a specific burner or boiler region.
If flames are extinguished in a particular region of the boiler,
then a no flame condition must be quickly identified.
Fossil Power Systems Inc. (FPS) has developed a complete
line of flame scanners which can be used in scanning all types of
fuels in all types of industrial applications. An FPS flame scanner
can be used to reliably verify the presence or absence of flame
associated with a particular burner or ignitor in a boiler (or with
a particular level of burners in tangentially fired units).
Spectrum VIR VI and
- Employs DSP spectral analysis for flame recognition.
- Capable of scanning the visible, IR, and UV spectrums.
- Windows based configuration software.
- Suitable for all applications.
- Standalone UV flame detectors.
- Suitable for gas fired applications and gas/oil fired package
- Ionization type detector for oil and gas ignitors.
- Reliable and cost effective means of scanning ignitor flames.